Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gearing up for victory or bust...

Spent the night last night trying several different ways of getting the chainstays aligned to the dropouts and BB in my jig for welding this weekend. Still not 100% satisfied that my scheme will work....but I came up with a plan to try and attack it. Need to source some more aluminum extrusion bars to bolt onto my frame jig around PDX somewhere so that I can fake a chainstay jig with some creative clamping. Otherwise, got the rest of my argon breather holes drilled into the frame, and did some fine tuning on my chainstay miters with my files. Fitup is critical since I will be being creative with my workholding method. The heat will pull the stays out of alignment when I get to welding. Going to have some solid blocks of time this weekend to do some work. Need to dominate! Sorry no pictures Dan. Late night, nothing exciting to take pictures of....stay the course brother!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

not sure I like the 'or bust' comment... How did it go on Sunday?

Aren't there basketballs in Latvia?